Saturday, October 4, 2008

Summary of Summer 2008

Wow, I've been busy. Haven't have time for internetting since forever...

I've got vacaation from my last exam in May til I started working in the middle of August. Wonderful feeling. June was karatecamp and Andreas came down from Trondheim to spend his summer here. We had a great time at this years summercamp.

I've done alot this summer, not a whole lot big things, but small travels and stuff like that. Started out with celebrating my birthday in the park the day after karatecamp. I've also celebrated my dad's aunt's 80years birthday in the mountains. Andreas and I visited his mom and we aslo went to a weekend away with a bunch of his friends.
The big trip for this summer was Ireland. Ida and me went away for a roadtrip for 14 days!! We started out in Dublin, drove around the island and ended up in Dublin again. Kilkenny, Cork, Killarney, Ring of Kerry, Gallway, Connemarra, Derry, Donnegall, Belfast, Giant's Causeway were some of the places area we saw. The trip started up not too good. First thing that happened was that the plane was delayed 2 1/2 hours. When we arrived ar Dublin Airport it took maybe 2 or more hours to get the luggage. When we finally were ready to find our rented car that we'd prebooked from Norway we couldn't find it!!!! We asked all the companies there if we had booked with them, but they couldn't find us in their systems... Then I took a look at our booking papers and saw that we've booked the car for the next month, not July, but August!!! GRRRR Then we would start to find our hotel, and apparently, in Ireland, they don't like to tell us the number of the streetaddress. So all we had was the street, no number. We punched the info on the PGS and was ready (we thought) for the left-sided-Irish roads. Straight forward it went alright, but then there was the roandabouts with bigger roads and more cars than what we're just to here in Norway AND IT WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. We found the raod for our hotel, it took a while before we found the hotel and took even longer to find a parking spot. Something that is very hard in Ireland. Finally we found to be for some minutes and I ran inside, while Ida was in the car to ask if they had a parking spot for us. First thing say say is yes and explains where it is, but we can't find it, second time I go inside they say they've doubled booked us so they've placed us at a hotel downtown just on the side of "The Spire". and we used the same mount of time finding that hotel and then parking as well... Finally we could go to bed at 3 am Norwegian time. The rest of the trip went smoothly and driving on the left time went from ok to "getting used to this" and looking to the right side when crossing the street ;)

We loved most of the places we visited, Killarney and Ring of Kerry was some of the best things. As well was Giant's Causeway. Beautiful scenary. Limerick was not that pretty. And luckely we only spent one night there and was off again the next morning.

All in all it was an amazing trip and we both want to go back, and we've still in Ireland mode. Listening to 2FM and going to The Dubliner in Oslo.

When I came back to Norway. My dad and I went to Gotenburg for two days. He studied there and we wanted a phototrip. And we had a ncie trip, dinner photos and driving.

After that I went to Andreas to have my last vacation days there.

August 15th was my first day at work after finishing studies.












No comments: