Monday, July 16, 2007

the yearly event

I'm gonna write about the summer camp before I post the US trip - I'm still writing my summary for that one.

Well it was 4 days with karate and social events! Karate clubs from all over Norway come to this event. we practise twice a day for 1 and a half hour each time. There are 4 instructors from UK/Holland that comes for this event.

As always top training and nice evenings. We got sun the first day, which means sun bathing in between the training. We have the same stuff every year. Thursday we go to the pizza restaurant in the town, Friday is BBQ at the motel, Saturday is usually for the boat trip, but this year the boat was broken so we stayed at the motel instead.

I had my birthday that Saturday so my parents came over and had lunch with me, very nice.

50 weeks for the next one, and then Ida will try to do her Shodan( first black belt) exam as well! This year our instructor graded to rokudan (6th black belt)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! nice of your parents to come over for lunch!! sounds like you had a fun time. looking forward to read about the us. hugs, isa

Anonymous said...

hehe weird i posted the first comment to the karate camp post. anyways, really enjoyed reading about your trip. it must have been great. looking forward to see all your pictures sometimes the next few years ;) have a nice day!! hugs, isa