Monday, July 27, 2009

Austria and Paris

I visited Isa in June, she was getting married!
I also get to see my host parents from the US again. Haven’t seen them in 8 years!
Magda, friend of Isa, picked me up at the airport and we met Linda and Keith, we all drove to where the wedding was. Magda, Magda's bf and I stayed at Luises place.
Saturday, the big day, I stayed with Isa and took plenty of pictures. She had a beautiful dress and hair was lovely. Before the church wedding they took the pro wedding photos and luckily it was sun that day! After church it was the wedding reception with good food, nice people and good music.


Sunday we all (Linda, Keith and me) went to Isa’s and Christian’s place in Graz. (Need to ask Isa what we saw :P )
We spend some nice days in Graz, doing some sightseeing in town. we even got to celebrate my birthday, we went out to eat at an Italian restaurant. That was nice.
The days went by fast, but it was a nice time and hopefully it won’t go 8 years till I see Linda and Keith again.

I had two days in Norway before Andreas and I went to Paris. Celebrated my birthday with friends one day and with my parents the second day. We BBQed both days and it was beautiful weather.

Friday till Tuesday we were in Paris and we got to see a lot. We stayed close to Sacre Ceur so we saw that in daylight and nigh time. Beautiful view and a lot of life going around here. We got tip that Louvre was free the first Sunday each month so we did that. The line was long, but fast. It was hard to see Mona Lisa, crowdy and puchy people in front. Other parts of the museum were less crowdy. According to Lonely Planet it will take 9 month too see the whole museum. We also got to see the middle age museum and Pompidou, I liked that one. There were two floors of art from girls through the ages (Elles). They also had art from Calder and Kadinsky. Of course we saw the Eiffel Tower (but we didn’t get up), Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe. We joined a sightseeing bus and got to see a lot. The Bus Rouge allows you to jump on and off for two days. We relaxed in the Luxemburg park, seems like a place the Parisian likes to relax and have picnic?! For the most we ate Indian and Italian for dinner and had a French lunch. Breakfast was very nice at several local cafes with juice, croissants, and hot beverages (coffee, tea or hot chocolate). (We copied this last weekend for breakfast).
Both feet and back was sore from all the walking and the 4 days were enough, we probably could have relaxed more, but good shoes and blister bandage is important! The weather was warm, except from the last day when it started to rain.

Paris is one of my faves, and will gladly recommend it!

(pictures will come, since my PC went into a coma yesterday I need to turn it in to repair and get it back, that also means that I won't mail any pictures before I get my laptop back)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was great having you here!!!! hugs, isa