Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Karate

First karate lesson after the vacation. It was fun and hard. We did a lot of turning on the heel stuff, in different katas. In the last half an hour we had Bassai Dai and Jion, still thinking on turning on the heel. I could feel my knee the last half an hour but it was doable. Seems like I'm starting to get the turning, at least Robert told me 3 times that I did good:)
Robert(5th dan) and Christian(1st dan) will go to Okinawa to the world championship there, so good luck to them!! Christian will compete in the Junior competition I think both kumite and kata, and Robert in Senior competition.

Been writing on my bachelor paper today. The paper is about dichotomies: nature vs. culture(how this is supposed to be related to female/male) and power structures. I'm using Simone de Beauvoir, Ortner and Bourdieu as main articles and trying to get more articles from the curriculum in between. Guidance next week so I need to get something done by Friday. Tomorrow I will go to the Uni and sit there and write. And in the evening it's Boxingaerobic!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey there!! thanks for stopping by my blog! i got color on my header just by going into the editing options for it. have you ever tried that? That header isn't going to be there for long though, I'm working on a scrapped header for my page! :) Have a great night!